- After working in the diamonds business for a few years, mainly in the wholesale
side of the business, I see that most buyers having a hard time choosing the right diamond for themselves.
- What I found out that most of the knowledge regarding diamond today can be found over the net and this
fact is new. Only a few years ago you weren’t able to find any information regarding diamonds besides
what your local jeweler would have told you.
- I am not sure which one is better for you – the average buyer, since too much information can really
confuse you, mainly because it is all theoretical: you can’t see so many diamonds to compare with
and to know the difference between them.
- I can see today that many buyers read so much and they look for a specific diamond, that has so
many specifications and they don’t even care for the diamond’s look.
- I want to tell all of you something very important –You have too much information without the
ability to examine it. If there was a diamond museum and you had the ability to judge between diamonds with your own eyes I could understand, but there isn’t one.
- I am actually saying that you are not buying a space ship;you are buying an amazing and emotional gift that
needs to look great.
Before you start reading the info part, I would highly recommend you to check my next two recommendations.
- You should set a budget – When setting a budget you are actually setting a limit for how much you want
or can invest in a diamond.
- Set a 4 C’s priority order – You should set a 4 C’s priority order before you start the learning process
and then again, examine it after you finish.
A 4 C’s priority order basically means that you need to decide which one of the 4 C’s is more important for
you in a following order You probably already have some knowledge about diamonds now and this why I recommend
you to set an order prior your reading.
After you are done educating yourself, I would recommend you reexamine your list and fix it if needed.
- I have seen many buyers that looked at a few diamonds and decided for example that a well cut diamond is more
important for them, than the diamond’s color.
I would recommend you to do a good reading regarding the 4 C’s and then to decide what diamond you want.